We’re Hiring a Psychologist!
Hello!! We’re seeking a kind, caring and professional Psychologist to join our lovely team in Balwyn.
We’re seeking a kind, caring and professional Psychologist to join our lovely private practice. Full time or part time.
Our predominant clientele are motivated adults and adolescents. The work will mainly involve assisting people with depression, anxiety, life transitions and relational difficulties.
You’ll join a team who values authenticity, professionalism and evidence based practice.
About Us – Foundation Psychology Balwyn
- We’re a small private practice dedicated to helping improve the wellbeing of our clients AND our staff
- Our 10 psychologists come from diverse therapeutic backgrounds (ACT, trauma focussed, attachment, CBT, mindfulness, play, yoga therapy etc.), work independently and bounce ideas around with the team
- Our Principal Psychologist is Dr Ben Buchanan, and our team includes experienced, mid career and new graduates enrolled in Clinical or Ed&Dev registrar programs
- As a practice, our aim is to resource and support our staff so they can enjoy and gain a sense of satisfaction from their work
- The practice provides regular peer supervision and professional development opportunities
We’re looking for someone who values:
- A passion about psychology and it’s capacity to improve people’s lives
- Being open and honest in professional communications. A willingness to help colleagues where you’re able and ask for help when you need it
- Working in a close-knit team
- Eagerness to learn, grow and evolve in work and life
- Work life balance and self-care – see here for recent article on the matter by our principal psychologist Dr Ben Buchanan published in inPsych
- Attractive remuneration. New graduates start on P2 salary with supervision included. Experienced psychologist P3/4 salary or contractor.
- Comfortable and well appointed consulting rooms
- Attentive reception staff to look after booking, invoicing, medicare, phones and all manner of other things, so psychologists are free to focus on client care
- Monthly peer supervision
- Internal training and professional development opportunities
- Experienced psychologists to bounce ideas around with and debrief
- Consultation with the principal psychologist on an as needed basis
- Hassle-free practice with established procedures
- A space to learn, grow and collaborate
- A fun and friendly team
- A good referral base with high functioning and motivated clients
- Practice management software and technology to help the practice run seamlessly
- Active and strategic website marketing www.foundationpsychology.com.au – promoting you and your skills
- Access to psychometric instruments via NovoPsych
- Practice resources such as toys for use with children clients
- Comprehensive assessment library with Pearson and other providers
- Flexible work hours. We’re very happy to accommodate working shorter days and, for example, seeing only 5 clients daily. We’re into balance and making sure Foundation Psychology works for you and your schedule.
- If you’re enrolled in a registrar program we provide supervision by board approved Clinical or Ed&Dev supervisors to meet requirements of Clinical or Educational and Developmental area of practice endorsement.
We’re looking for someone who meets 3 or more of the following criteria:
- AHPRA registered psychologist (required)
- Willing to work 2 days per week minimum, or up to full time.
- Has a clear sense of their therapeutic style
- Able to work with people between 12 and 18 years of age.
- Interest in working with adolescents, body image problems or eating disorders
- Clinical or Ed&Dev registrars are encouraged to apply (we provide supervision and endorsement pathway!)
Please send your CV, cover letter &/or any questions to:
Feel free to call the director, Dr Ben Buchanan, on O42I 796 325
Please email your CV, cover letter &/or any questions to
For more information please get in contact with Dr Ben Buchanan at the clinic on 9039 2177