We’re Hiring a Psychologist!
We’re seeking a kind, caring and professional Psychologist to join our lovely private practice in Balwyn. New grads encouraged to apply!
Our predominant clientele are motivated adults and adolescents. The work will mainly involve assisting people with depression, anxiety, life transitions and relational difficulties. We also work a lot with body image issues.
You’ll join a team who values authenticity, professionalism and evidence based practice. Our practice emphasises feedback-informed-practice so you can professionally develop by learning what is working with your patients.
We’re looking for someone who meets 4 or more of the following 6 criteria:
- A registered or clinical psychologist
- Willing to work 3 days per week minimum, or up to full time.
- Has a clear sense of their therapeutic style
- Able to work with children age 12 and up.
- Clinical registrars encouraged to apply (we provide supervision!).
- Interest in working with adolescents, body image problems or eating disorders
- Comfortable and well appointed consulting rooms
- Experienced psychologists to bounce ideas off and debrief
- Attentive reception staff
- Monthly peer supervision (and clinical supervision for registrars)
- Hassle-free practice with established procedures
- A good referral base with high functioning and motivated clients
- Practice management software with web-based diary and electronic records accessible anywhere, with online booking for clients
- Active and strategic website marketing www.foundationpsychology.com.au and direct marking to GPs (luncheons and so on) – promoting you and your skills
- Attractive remuneration. New grads start on P2 salary with supervision included. Experienced psychologist fee split arrangement with six figure full time equivalent.
- Access to psychometric instruments to measure treatment progress via www.novopsych.com.au, an iPad app that continues to be actively developed by Dr Ben Buchanan
- Flexible work hours.
Please email your CV, cover letter &/or any questions to
For more information please get in contact with Dr Ben Buchanan at the clinic on 9039 2177