Webinar: Body dissatisfaction and how to beat it
This webinar with leading psychologist Dr Ben Buchanan will be an overview on body dissatisfaction in general and Body Dysmorphic Disorder in particular. Body Dysmorphia is defined as a preoccupation with a perceived defect in one’s appearance. People with the problem sometimes look in the mirror constantly or are very distressed by their perceived ugliness.
This webinar is ideal for people who want to learn how to recover from body dissatisfaction and body dysmorphic disorder.
In this 1 hour webinar we will cover:.
- When normal body dissatisfaction turns into something more serious
- Identify diagnostic criteria for body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Learn the pros and cons of cosmetic procedures
- Understand social anxiety, mirror checking and reason for self-focus
- Get up-to-date with the latest evidence for how people can overcome body dissatisfaction
Date: 28th September, 6pm
Format: 1 hour Zoom Webinar plus Q & A.
Join webinar via Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82058690921
About the presenter
Dr Ben Buchanan is a Clinical Psychologist with clinical focus in body dissatisfaction and Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD). His ground-breaking research with Monash University on the neurobiological characteristics of BDD established clear links with obsessive compulsive disorder, and in 2014 he published the world’s largest neuroimaging studies on BDD’s brain mechanisms. Dr Buchanan treats BDD in his Melbourne private practice using an evidence-based cognitive behaviour therapy approach.
To register, please fill in the below form.