Emma Vaughan | Clinical Psychologist
BParamedicSc, BPsychSc (Hons), MPsych (Clinical)
I am a clinical psychologist with experience working across both the private and public settings. I pride myself on my ability to build strong therapeutic alliances with my clients. I provide a warm and empathetic environment where clients can feel safe disclosing any struggles they may be having. I will work with you to create goals and identify obstacles which you may need help overcoming. We will then look at what strategies will help you move forward with your goals and get you back in touch with what’s important to you.
I work with adults (18+) seeking assistance for:
- Burnout and looking how one can restore a better work/life balance
- Depression, anxiety, and adjustment disorders
- Psycho-oncology – working with people and their families about cancer and helping them adjust to the unique challenges it can bring
- Grief and complex grief
- Working with emergency services personnel
- Interpersonal problems
I have extensive experience working with people with cancer, having worked in cancer centres in both the Northern Territory and Victoria. I have worked in a private practice with a wide range of clients. I have also worked within the support team for Police, Fire and Emergency Services, providing support to employees and their families on the unique challenges this work can bring. Prior to going into psychology, I completed a degree in paramedic science which sparked my interest in this area and has continued to inform my approach to care with my clients.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Supportive Counselling
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy