As clinical psychologists we are accustom to understanding individual circumstances and formulating a written report to answer specific psychological questions. We provide psychological assessments for people in a variety of situations including:
- Medico-legal reports
- Assessments for adoption (inter country adoption or local adoption)
- Reports for immigration purposes (refugee, extenuating circumstance, visa applications)
- Psychiatric assessments (PTSD, depression, adjustment disorder, autism in adults and so on)
- Personality assessments
- Malingering assessments
- Parenting capacity reports
- Personal injury psychological assessment
- Child protection matters
- Separation and divorce matters
- Drink driving (DUI) charges
- Workers compensation (PTSD, stress, harassment and bullying)
These reports include:
- Comprehensive background information to identify factors relevant to the situation.
- Psychometric testing – personality (MMPI), anger, trauma, and mental health as appropriate.
- Clear, scientifically-based conclusions and practical recommendations
Medico-legal appointments will be offered within one to two weeks of receiving a request. It is important that all information about the required assessment be provided before the initial meeting (such as court documents and any previous assessments). A two hour interview is the first step in the assessment process and sometimes a follow up session on a different day is required. Psychometric scales (also known as a psychological questionnaires) may be required. Should no further consultation be necessary, our report will be issued within 15 working days from the final assessment date.
When necessary, urgent appointments may be arranged with immediate reporting requirements. Urgent appointments usually offered at the first available time or after hours and reports are issued within 48 hours of the assessment. Please note that immediate reports carry additional fees.
As each report is different the fee will be determined on a case by case basis. For a standard short report the fee could be as low as $600. Longer reports attract addition fees in line with the Australian Psychological Society’s recommended fees.