Caz Ziada | Psychologist | (she/her)
BExSc, Psych(Hons), MPsych (Clinical)
I am a registered Psychologist with a warm, gentle and collaborative therapeutic style. I aim to create a safe and non-judgemental space, where I can work together with my clients to develop a shared understanding of their experiences, and to support them to grow and achieve their goals.
I have a keen interest in working with, and supporting individuals from, the LGBTIQAP+ community, and work with adolescents (12+) and adults, including those seeking support for:
- LGBTIQAP+ support (such as exploring and understanding one’s gender or sexual identity, social transitions/relationship difficulties, and affirmation of gender and sexuality)
- Low self-esteem, low motivation and/or procrastination
- Relationship difficulties
- School issues/bullying/study skills
- Social anxiety and agoraphobia
- Communication and assertiveness
- Stress management and relaxation
- Work stress
- Grief and loss
- Adjustments and transitions
I have a flexible therapeutic approach that primarily draws on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques, and integrates other therapeutic approaches including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Schema Therapy. I have worked in private and public mental health settings, including private practice, an adult Gender Clinic, a university counselling service, and a community youth mental health service.
I’m currently completing the Clinical Psychology Registrar program, which involves additional training after registration as a psychologist.