Shanilka Abey | Psychologist
BPsych (Hons), MProfPsych
I am a registered psychologist who enjoys working with both adolescents (13+) and adults. My therapeutic approach is one of patience, compassion and understanding. It is important to me to create a safe, judgement-free zone for all clients.
I developed my skills working with adolescents as a secondary school psychologist in both government and private school settings.
I have also had several years of experience working with NDIS clients and adults with complex mental health presentations.
I am experienced in working with the following presentations and mental health issues:
- Mood disorders such as depression and bipolar
- Issues related to teenagers
- Eating disorders
- Behavioural disorders including ODD, CD, ADHD
- School-related stress
- Work-related stress
- Relationship and marital difficulties
- Personality disorders including borderline personality disorder
- Complex mental health disorders including schizophrenia
- Substance-use disorder
- Family violence trauma