BA (Psych), PGradDipPsych, Dip D&A, MPsych (Clinical), MAPS
Katherine is currently not taking on new referrals.
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 15 years of experience working in mental health with people aged 18 through to 90. I take a caring, empathic and collaborative approach to help you achieve your goals, and offer comprehensive psychological, diagnostic and goal assessments. Providing high quality services based on evidence-based therapies is my key priority, and I have expertise assisting individuals manage distress, foster healing, and promote wellbeing.
I have experience in treating a broad range of issues and a particular interest in trauma-sensitive practice and dealing with distress associated with chronic health problems.
Areas of expertise:
- Adjustment issues and grief associated with chronic health conditions
- Life transitions and associated stress
- Trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder, childhood and complex trauma
- Managing chronic pain
- Anxiety conditions (generalized anxiety, panic attacks, health anxiety, social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Emotional regulation problems
- Body image issues and binge eating disorder
- Self-esteem issues and self-sabotage
- Assertiveness and communication issues
- Workplace bullying
- Work related stress, burnout and mood problems
- Grief and loss
- Parenting issues
Therapy approaches include: Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) and Trauma-focussed CBT, Schema therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness based therapies and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
I have experience working in private practice and major private and public hospitals in Melbourne. I enjoy working with people from all walks of life with a diverse range of backgrounds. I am also a registered Supervisor and can provide supervision services to Junior Psychologists and Registered Psychologists.